Elijah and Ahab
This study presents a beautiful picture of the time period that we are in right now. I hope you enjoy it. ~Juanita
1Ki 18:1 And it came to pass after many days, that the word of the LORD came to Elijah in the third year, saying, Go, shew thyself unto Ahab; and I will send rain upon the earth.
Verse one of 1 Kings 18 starts out with YHVH (the Hebrew letters for God) coming to Elijah in the third year, which could mean the “third day”, or the time period we are now entering. It is basically a code saying that this contains information pertinent to the Second Coming of Yeshua. We are presently entering into the third day (3000 years since Yeshua, and seventh day – 7000 years since Adam – hence Paul’s writings, “one day is as 1000 years…”).
Ahab spiritually represents the chief apostle of the religious system whose name means “brother (that is, friend) of (his) father”. The problem is that in stead of being a friend of the Father, he is married to Jezebel. It’s the apostate church. He could also represent fallen Adam, or the first Adam. Since the definition of Satan is “against God”, he could also represent Satan.
“Rain” in scripture always refers to revelation. “Earth” refers to humanity. After a time of drought, YHVH is sending rain upon the earth. This is none other than the later rain, which God has started to send after the draught that the church has experienced of 2000 years in the wilderness (church age). If you haven’t figured it out by now, Elijah represents Yeshua, and he is about to show himself to the religious system.
1Ki 18:2 And Elijah went to shew himself unto Ahab. And there was a sore famine in Samaria.
Samaria is the Gentile church. This can especially be seen in the New Testament for Samaria (the story of the woman at the well) was the only people group that Jesus openly declared to that he was the Messiah. The Jews had to know symbolisms in order to see that he was the Messiah. The Pharisees did know, but they refused to accept it.
The Gentile church has had the revelation of the Torah revealed to them for 2,000 years now, and they have had the Holy Spirit to help them to understand the meanings. The problem is that they feel that since they were given the revelation, why do they need to study symbolisms in the Old Testament if they already have it. Jesus did not say that natural hearing that he was the Messiah would get people the Kingdom of God, instead, he continually emphasized that the people had to get spiritual eyes to see and ears to hear. They had to get a revelation that he was the Messiah. Many people now know that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah, but that does not change them at all. Only a revelation of Him will change them – and, if you don’t learn symbolisms and understand the spiritual and not the carnal interpretation of scripture, you will not grow from being a “baby Christian”. You will also not know what He is doing next, or how his Second Coming will occur.
“Famine” is lack of “spiritual hearing” the Word (or lacking spiritual bread). There has been a famine in the land.
1Ki 18:3 And Ahab called Obadiah, which was the governor of his house. (Now Obadiah feared the LORD greatly:
Ahab owns the religious system. “Obadiah” is that which is still alive in the system – that which still honors the prophetic and fears the Lord.
1Ki 18:4 For it was so, when Jezebel cut off the prophets of the LORD, that Obadiah took an hundred prophets, and hid them by fifty in a cave, and fed them with bread and water.)
He trained up two troops, with bread and water (by the Word, and by revelation), The fact that he hid them by 50 indicates that he trained them up by the help of the Holy Spirit – 50 being the number of Pentecost. True prophets of God during the church age were not being openly trained up in the religious system. They were only being trained up in seclusion by the help of the Holy Spirit.
1Ki 18:5 And Ahab said unto Obadiah, Go into the land, unto all fountains of water, and unto all brooks: peradventure we may find grass to save the horses and mules alive, that we lose not all the beasts.
Ahab is looking for grass, – the tender, the young, the new Christians, to feed to his carnal system.
1Ki 18:6 So they divided the land between them to pass throughout it: Ahab went one way by himself, and Obadiah went another way by himself.
This shows the point in time where those that are spiritual are recognizing what the religious system is doing. It is taking the young and tender ones to feed itself. It shows the true followers of Yeshua (Obadiah) separating themselves from the system (Ahab). Once they separate themselves, those that fear YHVH ran into Elijah (Yeshua).
1Ki 18:7 And as Obadiah was in the way, behold, Elijah met him: and he knew him, and fell on his face, and said, Art thou that my lord Elijah?
Obadiah was the one who was in “the way”. In the parable of the sower, it’s the seed that falls in the “way”, not the “wayside” that sprout and take root. The world will not recognize Elijah (Yeshua) when he comes, but those who have been walking in his way – not the way of the religious system will recognize him. Obadiah recognized Elijah (Yeshua) and worshiped him.
1Ki 18:8 And he answered him, I am: go, tell thy lord, Behold, Elijah is here.
Here Yeshua is sending Obadiah, or his “called out ones” back to the religious system to tell them to “behold Elijah”. He is coming in a way that they won’t recognize him. They have to be told “behold he is here” because he is first coming in the rain. It didn’t rain in the wilderness. Now it is raining his revelation. The first chapter of John says that Yeshua is the Word of God. When we get revelation of Him we become like him. (1John 3:2). Jesus is first coming back in the bride. He is coming as the rain to wash her and to get her ready. He is not coming back for a filthy bride.
- Hos 6:2-3 After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.
- Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth.
We are now in the “after two days” era. He is desiring to revive his church, The trumpets are now sounding to wake up the church.
- 1Ki 18:9 -12And he said, What have I sinned, that thou wouldest deliver thy servant into the hand of Ahab, to slay me?
- As the LORD thy God liveth, there is no nation or kingdom, whither my lord hath not sent to seek thee: and when they said, He is not there; he took an oath of the kingdom and nation, that they found thee not.
- And now thou sayest, Go, tell thy lord, Behold, Elijah is here.
- And it shall come to pass, as soon as I am gone from thee, that the Spirit of the LORD shall carry thee whither I know not; and so when I come and tell Ahab, and he cannot find thee, he shall slay me: but I thy servant fear the LORD from my youth.
Obadiah is reminding him how he hides himself, and how he is seen at one time and gone the next, just like the parables, we see him when we get the revelation then it seems he hides himself again.
- 1Ki 18:13 -15 Was it not told my lord what I did when Jezebel slew the prophets of the LORD, how I hid an hundred men of the LORD’S prophets by fifty in a cave, and fed them with bread and water?
- And now thou sayest, Go, tell thy lord, Behold, Elijah is here: and he shall slay me.
- And Elijah said, As the LORD of hosts liveth, before whom I stand, I will surely shew myself unto him to day.
Elijah is assuring him that on the seventh day he will show himself. This time the world will see who he is, regardless of the times that they looked for him and could not find him.
- 1 Ki 18:16-19 So Obadiah went to meet Ahab, and told him: and Ahab went to meet Elijah.
- And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?
- And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father’s house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Baalim. (Baalim is the plural of Baal, indicating all false gods, false revelation and false mindsets.)
- Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel’s table.
Carmel means, “the garden”. Mountains are places of learning. Yeshua is calling all to gather for a showdown at Mt. Carmel. The number four hundred indicates that all are coming (the number four is often used to indicate completeness in the world – such as four corners of the earth etc.). We said before that 50 represents Pentecost, so these are prophets who are using the gifts of the Holy Spirit, but are still not cleaned up, for they are worshipping other gods also. Grooves are idols that are put beside the true altar of God. They are those that consider other things as important as God – such as the writings of certain Rabbis, or other religious people. It is a false concept of God. It is religion.
- 1Ki 18: 20-23 So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
- And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.
- Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the LORD; but Baal’s prophets are four hundred and fifty men.
- Let them therefore give us two bullocks; and let them choose one bullock for themselves, and cut it in pieces, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under: and I will dress the other bullock, and lay it on wood, and put no fire under:
In early rain revelation these bullocks represent the two Adams, the second being Yeshua. (1Cor. 15:45). In latter rain revelation, they represent the false apostolic that comes out of the religious system, and the true apostolic which is the bride being offered as a sacrifice to the world. Everything which happened to Yeshua is later indicative of the bride.
The people were to choose one for themselves and cut it into pieces. When the world cuts into pieces, it mutilates the offering. There is terror awaiting those apostles of the false system. There is a flood coming, and only those in the true ark (Yeshua) will make it.
Both offerings were to be laid on wood which represents carnality. Elijah said he would dress the other bullock. Yeshua is dressing the bride, by the revelation. Of interest here, is that the “lays” are different. One means to assign carnality, the other means to be healed or bring forth from carnality. The fire is to be set by YHVH himself after both offerings have gone through the same preparation or trial period.
Also in this portion of scripture there is a little Hebrew word inserted which has no translation into the English. The Hebrew letters are “Aleph, Tav”. You find this throughout scripture, and though it is supposed to be referring back to the verb, some verbs have it, and some don’t.
Jesus said in Revelations, “I am the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end”. Since he spoke Hebrew, he actually would have been saying, ” I am the Aleph and Tav”. The Aleph is the beginning of the Hebrew Aleph-Bet, and the Tav is the end of the Aleph-Bet. The Aleph pictograph is an ox, representing the Apostolic, and the Tav is the picture of a cross, indicating a mark. It actually means the journey of Yeshua (the chief apostolic plowing through the ground of the earth -so seed can be sown – to the cross or end of his journey). Whenever you find Aleph/Tav in scripture, say to yourself, “there is something here about Yeshua”, look for him here.
- 1Ki 18:24-29 And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the LORD: and the God that answereth by fire, let him be God. And all the people answered and said, It is well spoken.
- And Elijah said unto the prophets of Baal, Choose you one bullock for yourselves, and dress it first; for ye are many; and call on the name of your gods, but put no fire under.
- And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O Baal, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they leaped upon the altar which was made.
- And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is in a journey, or peradventure he sleepeth, and must be awaked.
- And they cried aloud, and cut themselves after their manner with knives and lancets, till the blood gushed out upon them.
- And it came to pass, when midday was past, and they prophesied until the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded.
There is no god of the carnal church. There is nothing that will answer them with the fire of God. Their apostolic is asleep. Now it is the evening sacrifice, probably near the ninth hour, the time when Yeshua was offered up. There is no voice, they have given their blood and cut themselves after a false god. The shedding of the blood rends them silent (spiritually dead).
1Ki 18:30 And Elijah said unto all the people, Come near unto me. And all the people came near unto him. And he repaired the altar of the LORD that was broken down.
Come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden… Yeshua repaired (aleph, tav) the altar. The word repaired here means, “mended, healed, cured, made whole etc”. It’s talking about Yeshua fulfilling or bringing right understanding to the law. He repaired it by bringing the spiritual application to it. By his life he did this, and now he is doing this in his bride. .
1Ki 18:31 And Elijah took twelve stones, according to the number of the tribes of the sons of Jacob, unto whom the word of the LORD came, saying, Israel shall be thy name:
He exchanged the natural apostolic and exchanging them for an apostolic made in the spiritual. Stones refer to people. There was one for each tribe of Israel (now spiritual Israel) according to the sons of Jacob, the surplanter. The spiritual is overtaking the carnal. Now his name instead of being Jacob the surplanter, is Israel, or one who rules with God.
This time Yeshua is finishing what he came to do the other time. He is taking the 12 stones, the firstfruits and building an altar in the name of YHVH. The trench is the furrow he dug when he traveled the length of the Hebrew Aleph-bet from Aleph (the ox or apostolic) to tav (the cross). In this is enough seed to impregnate the two houses of Israel – the Jews and the Gentiles, (Leah and Rachel) both of which have fallen asleep, which is to say spiritual death.
1Ki 18:32-33 And with the stones he built an altar in the name of the LORD: and he made a trench about the altar, as great as would contain two measures of seed.
- And he put the wood in order, and cut the bullock in pieces, and laid him on the wood, and said, Fill four barrels with water, and pour it on the burnt sacrifice, and on the wood.
Here he is sacrificing the ox that he has dressed (the bride) on an altar of carnality (the wood). But before the fire comes, he’s filling four barrels of water (barrels are containers of water (revelation). Four can refer to the four corners – enough to cover the whole earth. Yeshua finished his work in four gospels. There is enough to finish the work. Now the bride is the sacrifice who has been flooded with revelation. Pour the revelation on the sacrifice and it will flow down onto the wood, saturating and cleansing all.
Do it the second time, there is a second wave, and a third wave until the trench carrying the seed was filled with water.
At the ninth hour, (the time of Yeshua’s sacrifice), Elijah (Yeshua) came near and offered what he had formed up to the presence of God. It’s the Blessing of the Sun.
- 1Ki 18:34 -37 And he said, Do it the second time. And they did it the second time. And he said, Do it the third time. And they did it the third time.
- And the water ran round about the altar; and he filled the trench also with water.
- And it came to pass at the time of the offering of the evening sacrifice, that Elijah the prophet came near, and said, LORD God of Abraham, Isaac, and of Israel, let it be known this day that thou art God in Israel, and that I am thy servant, and that I have done all these things at thy word.
- Hear me, O LORD, hear me, that this people may know that thou art the LORD God, and that thou hast turned their heart back again.
Here he is praying to acknowledge the sacrifice and give forgiveness to this people for they don’t know what they are doing -just as Jesus did when he was on the cross.
1Ki 18:38 Then the fire of the LORD fell, and consumed the burnt sacrifice, and the wood, and the stones, and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
The fire of YHVH is the presence of YHVH. It burns off all carnality and kindles a fire that does not stop. The water being licked up, speaks of a receiving of the revelation by the world where the trench was dug.
- 1Ki 18:39 -40 And when all the people saw it, they fell on their faces: and they said, The LORD, he is the God; the LORD, he is the God.
- And Elijah said unto them, Take the prophets of Baal; let not one of them escape. And they took them: and Elijah brought them down to the brook Kishon, and slew them there.
Brook Kishon = brook where Israel defeated Sisera by Jael putting a nail through his temple (another picture of the work of Calvary). It is the river flowing from the cross where false mindsets (false words given them by the carnal church)can be given to Yeshua and he will slay them there.
- 1Ki 18:41-42 And Elijah said unto Ahab, Get thee up, eat and drink; for there is a sound of abundance of rain.
- So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees,
Elijah tells Ahab to eat of the revelation (rain). As he goes Elijah seeks God on his fruitful mountain, Carmel (which means garden in Hebrew). In other words, Carmel is the Garden of Eden, which has become and is another name for his bride) He casts himself down upon the earth = it is the Second Coming of Yeshua! His coming in his bride, to unlock the rain (revelation) over the dry land (people). He is casting himself down, putting his face between his knees. He is the head we are the body. He is attached, he is face to face. The knees are the strength of the walk. He is putting his face on our walk! – Awesome God!!!!
1Ki 18:43 And said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea. And he went up, and looked, and said, There is nothing. And he said, Go again seven times.
When the Scriptures speak of servants, it is speaking of the prophets. The Hebrew root is probably identical with Strongs number H5286, which means, “the rustling of mane, which usually accompanies the lion’s roar, or the horses’ head”. The prophetic bride is also characterized as the horsemen in Joel and which took Elijah up to heaven.
Here he tells his prophets to look out over humanity (the sea). Seven is completion, its the cycle of creation being seven days, it the swearing of allegiance as the bride circles the bridegroom seven times. It is the time period necessary for the dressing of those members of the bride that are being pulled out of the religious system. It takes place in the seventh day in the time period we are starting in right now. In that seventh time period a small cloud of revelatory overcomers, like a man’s hand (the five-fold ministry) appears.
1Ki 18: 44-45 And it came to pass at the seventh time, that he said, Behold, there ariseth a little cloud out of the sea, like a man’s hand. And he said, Go up, say unto Ahab, Prepare thy chariot, and get thee down, that the rain stop thee not.
- And it came to pass in the mean while, that the heaven was black with clouds and wind, and there was a great rain. And Ahab rode, and went to Jezreel.
Ahab is chased off his mountain by the announcement that the rain (revelation is coming) He rides to take cover in Jezreel, (to sow a seed) the place where the true seed has been sown. In the mean while, the heaven is black with clouds (people that carry revelation – the rain, the overcomers) and wind (the Holy Spirit). There is a great revival coming, but Ahab is riding to try to sow his false revelation in among the true seed.
1Ki 18:46 And the hand of the LORD was on Elijah; and he girded up his loins, and ran before Ahab to the entrance of Jezreel.
Elijah girded up (tightened the belt of truth about him – truth is the rhema Word of God) his loins. His loins are his body, the reproductive area, which is now attached to his head, it’s the bride, and he outran Ahab to the entrance of the house where the seed is sown.
- 1Ki 19:1 -2 And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword.
- Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by tomorrow about this time.
Ahab consults Jezebel (definition means; seed of Baal, Baal exalts” or “Baal is husband to” or “unchaste”). She is that which births out what is in Ahab or the carnal. He tells her all that Elijah (Yeshua) has done in killing the false prophets with the sword (Word of God). Jezebel swears her life to destroy Yeshua, within the day.
In Chapter 21 is the story of Jezebel trying to destroy Naboth’s Vineyard (the seed he has planted). Naboth is now also a type of Yeshua. This time it shows the end of her there.